Cassandra Stephanie is an Audit Associate at KPMG. Previously Regional Business Development Intern at Shopee.
1) To kickstart, could you share about your current role, what the company does and a bit about your career background?
I have been working as an external auditor at KPMG for over a year now.
2) Can you describe what your typical workday looks like?
The typical workday would mostly involve communication between clients and team members. This could range from liaising on documents that are required for our audit procedure, solving any issues that arise, and ensuring that there are no material misstatements in the financial statements with professional judgment.
3) What does personal growth mean to you?
I would say, personal growth means that I get better at what I do and I am able to explore new skills/areas that will benefit me in what I am doing and/or what I will do in the future.
4) Is there a habit you consciously exercise to ensure you achieve your ideal personal growth?
Yes, I have loved to journal since I was young. I usually write my journals in my OneNote notebook. It helps me to understand myself better and what I can improve in, be it for my work or for my personal life.
5) What does it mean to grow in your career? How do you measure your career growth?
I believe that growing in my career is closely related to my own personal growth. This also means that I usually take the time to understand what are the areas that can be improved and try to implement it in every situation/task that I am faced with.
I would say, career growth is not only measured by tangible rewards but also intangible rewards such as being given leadership positions and having more autonomy in making crucial decisions that will affect the business process.
6) Aside from your full-time job, is there anything else you like to do outside work?
I love to sing and explore new skills from digital courses!
7) Are there any books, podcasts or apps that have been helpful for your growth?
I think my holy grail app would be Google Calendar. I usually make detailed planning on what my day would look like and google calendar has been my best friend in keeping me on track.
The Mindset Mentor by Rob Dial and Kast Media is also a very helpful podcast for my growth. I always listen to it when I need an extra boost of inspiration, motivation and purpose in life and it helps me so much in understanding myself better.
8) Any tips you’d like to share for those who are looking to venture into similar roles?
For those who are trying to venture into a similar role, do explore yourself (i.e., strengths and weaknesses), get to work with different groups and people because you will experience it once you enter into this space. Do expect ongoing learning and development throughout your career and be ready to accept challenges as a new learning point.
9) Finally, what is the one quote you always live by?
"Do your best and God will do the rest"
Looking to kickstart your career at KPMG Singapore?
Check out their open roles for:
Before you go...
Have you been inspired by someone's growth journey recently? Nominate them (or perhaps yourself) to be featured in The Growth Room!
We're always on the lookout to improve for the better. If you have any kind words of encouragement to share, please share your feedback with us.
Lastly, we wanted to thank you for spending a few minutes of your day here at The Growth Room. Just a reminder that you are appreciated *hugs*.